||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
- Scholarship Description
- The Dean’s Merit Scholarship is a competitive scholarship awarded to incoming freshmen. Those chosen to compete for these scholarships will be named Dean’s Scholars and interviewed by a selection committee on the campus of Bryan College. Ten percent of participants will be selected as Dean’s Merit Scholars.
Competitors for Bryan College Dean’s Merit Scholarships will be selected from applicants who:
Are graduating from high school.
Will be entering Bryan College as a first time freshman. Any college credit earned must have been earned through dual enrollment.
Have a cumulative 6 term high school grade point average of at least 3.0 (exceptions may be made for advanced placement and/or honors courses).
Have a composite ACT score of 24 or higher or a critical reading/math combined SAT score of 1100 or higher.
Have been granted early acceptance to Bryan College.
Have submitted the Bryan College Scholarship Application and required essay.
Have emailed the required essay, “In what ways will studying at Bryan College prepare you as a leader in today’s world?” of 500 to 1,000 words.
Have not been selected as a Presidential Scholar.
Dean’s Scholarship Levels:
Dean’s Merit Scholars $7,000
Dean’s Scholarship (ACT 26 and above) $4,000
Dean’s Scholarship (ACT 24 or 25) $3,000
Applicants meeting the above criteria will be reviewed and a limited number will be selected to compete for the Dean’s Merit Scholarship. Those selected to compete will be named Dean’s Scholars and invited to Dean’s Scholarship Event. A dinner will be held to honor new Dean’s Scholars on Thursday evening followed by a special performance. Dean’s Scholars will then stay overnight as the guest of a current Bryan College student in a dormitory room and will be interviewed on Friday by a Selection Committee. Selection Committees will score applicants using a variety of criteria including but not limited to standardized test scores, high school grade point average, extracurricular activities, community involvement, student’s testimony and purpose for pursuing a Christian education as articulated in the interview, and the level of interest the student has in Bryan College.
Students may also apply for other Bryan College Scholarships and Grant. All scholarships are awarded subject to the restrictions outlined in the Bryan College catalog. See website for this year's deadlines.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- Applicants meeting the above criteria will be reviewed and a limited number will be selected to compete for the Dean’s Merit Scholarship. Those selected to compete will be named Dean’s Scholars and invited to Dean’s Scholarship Event February 28-29, 2008.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile