||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
- Scholarship Description
- The Presidential Merit Scholarship is the highest academic honor Bryan College awards to incoming freshmen. Those chosen to compete for these scholarships will be named Presidential Scholars and interviewed by faculty selection committees. Ten percent of participants will be selected as Presidential Merit Scholars.
Competitors for Bryan College Presidential Merit Scholarships will be selected from applicants who:
Are graduating from high school.
Will be entering Bryan College as a first time freshman. Any college credit earned must have been earned through dual enrollment.
Have a cumulative 6 term high school grade point average of at least 3.6 (exceptions may be made for advanced placement and/or honors courses).
Have a composite ACT score of 28 or higher or a critical reading/math combined SAT score of 1240 or higher.
Have been granted early acceptance to Bryan College.
Have submitted the Bryan College Scholarship Application.
Have emailed the required essay, “In what ways will studying at Bryan College prepare you as a leader in today’s world?” of 500 to 1,000 words.
Applicants meeting the above criteria will be reviewed and a limited number will be selected to compete for the Presidential Merit Scholarship. Those selected to compete will be named Presidential Scholars and invited to Presidential Weekend. A banquet will be held to honor new Presidential Scholars on Friday evening followed by a special musical performance. Presidential Scholars will then stay overnight as the guest of a current Bryan College student in a dormitory room and will be interviewed on Saturday by a Faculty Selection Committee. Presidential Merit Scholars will be announced.
Total of all Bryan College Scholarships:
Presidential Merit Scholars $9,000 - $10,000
Presidential Scholars who compete for Presidential Merit Scholarships $7,000 - $8,000
Presidential Scholars not attending Presidential Weekend $5,000 - $6,000
Final award amounts will be determined by the Financial Aid Director and consideration will be given to housing plans, educational background, standardized test scores and extracurricular activities. In order to provide an accurate early estimate of total aid, the total scholarship amounts listed above reflect the total of the Presidential Scholarship plus the Heritage Grant. Students may also apply for athletic, music or theater scholarships. Those completing the FAFSA may apply for Bryan College need based grants. All scholarships are awarded subject to the restrictions outlined in the Bryan College catalog. See website for this year's deadlines.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- Applicants meeting the above criteria will be reviewed and a limited number will be selected to compete for the Presidential Merit Scholarship. Those selected to compete will be named Presidential Scholars and invited to Presidential Weekend February 8-9, 2008.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile