204 Henry St
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
Presidential Scholars Program and Dean's Award
- Scholarship Description
- Randolph-Macon's signature academic scholarship program for new students is the Presidential Scholars Program. The program recognizes students who have demonstrated the highest levels of academic achievement and leadership. Most awards range from $13,000 to $20,000 per year ($52,000 to $80,000 over four years). Awards are renewable for up to a maximum of four years, provided the recipients maintain the required grade point average. Select, exceptionally strong candidates may be invited to compete for full-tuition awards. The primary criterion for selection as a Presidential Scholar is academic achievement. We also consider leadership in school and the community, personal accomplishments or talents, and the personal interview with a member of the Randolph-Macon faculty. Most scholarship recipients will have a high school grade average of a A-/B+ (roughly 3.5) or above, competitive test scores (SAT above 1150 on critical reading and math sections; ACT above 25), and be in the top 25% of their high school classes. However, all students are evaluated individually during the admission process for scholarship eligibility. Students with solid academic performance in high school or college (but who do not qualify for our Presidential Scholars Program) and students who have demonstrated strong leadership while maintaining academic success may receive a Dean's Award. The Dean's Award is $13,000 annually ($52,000 over four years), and is renewable each year (for a maximum of four years) if the student maintains satisfactory academic progress. All applicants to Randolph-Macon College are automatically considered for a Presidential Scholarship or Dean's Award, but you should apply to the college no later than February 1. Eligible candidates will be invited to campus for an interview during one of our scholarship days in the spring semester. Award recipients may also qualify for other types of aid based on demonstrated need. All applicants to Randolph-Macon College are automatically considered for a Presidential Scholarship, but you should apply to the college no later than February 1. Eligible candidates will be invited to campus for an interview during one of our scholarship days in December, January, February and March. Award recipients may also qualify for other types of aid based on demonstrated need.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Renewable for up to four years, provided the recipient maintains the required GPA.
- Financial need
- Class Standing
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile