345 Boyer Ave
||Total Fall Enrollment:
||Books and Supplies:
||On-campus Room and Board:
||Receiving Aid of Some Type:
||Undergraduate Application Fee:
||Receiving Institutional Aid:
Source: National Center for Education Statistics
Campbell Music Scholarships
- Scholarship Description
- Whitman College invites you to audition for the Campbell and Higley Music Scholarships. Both are four-year renewable awards.
Regardless of potential major, the Campbell Music Scholarships are awarded to candidates for admission to Whitman College who demonstrate outstanding musical talent. Winners shall receive a minimum of $500, a maximum of $2000 per year, in addition to the monetary support offered by the College in the form of other scholarships, loans, and employment. All scholarship recipients receive additional lesson scholarships on their respective instruments.
The Higley Music Scholarship is our most prestigious award. It provides up to $7,000 per year plus a lesson scholarship to a select few incoming students of exceptional ability who will become music majors.
All scholarship recipients are required to perform in the appropriate Whitman ensemble (band, orchestra, choir). Pianists must accompany to fulfill ensemble requirements.
Auditions are offered for voice, piano and organ, and all orchestral instruments. Auditioners should perform selections from the classical repertoire with the exception of jazz artists. For example, string and wind players should perform a movement of a concerto or sonata. Pianists should perform works at least on the level of a Bach 3-part Invention or a movement of a Beethoven sonata. Vocalists should perform two art songs (one may be an aria), at least one in a foreign language. Jazz performers may perform a standard tune plus improvisation. You are urged to audition in person, however, if you cannot appear in person, an audition by high quality CD or video tape recording is acceptable.*
Students who have exhibited exceptional musical talent and achievement are selected to receive Campbell Music Scholarships ranging from $500 to $2,000 per year. Recipients may major in any field.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- All scholarship recipients receive additional lesson scholarships on their respective instruments. The Higley Music Scholarship is our most prestigious award. It provides up to $7,000 per year plus a lesson scholarship to a select few incoming students of exceptional ability who will become music majors. Auditions are offered for voice, piano and organ, and all orchestral instruments.
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile