Dedicated to academic excellence for more than 130 years, Bangor University is one of the oldest and most prestigious degree awarding institutions in the UK.
Situated between the mountains of Snowdonia National Park and the Ocean, Bangor boasts the "Best UK University Setting" (The Independent). It's a small, safe, affordable location with excellent academics, easy rail connections to London, Liverpool, Manchester, and a quick ferry to Dublin. Bangor is a very green institution with a vibrant student body with a high satisfaction rate (1st in Wales, 7th in the UK).
Highlights for USA students
Location and Student Life
- 3 Year subject-focused bachelor's degrees, which are equal to US degrees
- 1 Year Master's degrees, meaning you could finish your Master's in 4 years total
- FAFSA/US Loans/GI Bill eligible
- Single rooms in our dorms, recently named 'Best in the UK'.
- Low cost location, tuition, and excellent scholarships
- Easy access to the rest of the UK and Europe
- "Best UK University setting" - The Independent
- Consistently in the top 5 safest towns in the UK
- Coastal town situated near Snowdonia National Park
- Close to major cities: London (3 hrs), Manchester (1.5 hrs) and Liverpool (1.5 hrs)
- More than 100 clubs and societies a vibrant university town
- No. 3 in the UK for Student Support - WhatUni Student Awards 2016
- Free English language support for international students throughout the year
- Dedicated team to handle international student concerns ranging from visa, accommodation, health, money matters, and employment
- No. in the UK for Accommodation - WhatUni Student Awards 2016
- Guaranteed accommodation for new international students. You'll likely have your own room and your own bathroom with a shared kitchen!
- Conveniently located within a 15 minute walk from the lecture halls and the city centre
- Student village comprising of sports facilities, laundry, cafè, bar, shops and 24 hour security
125th Anniversary Research Scholarships
- Scholarship Description
- To celebrate our 125th anniversary, Bangor University is launching a five year programme of postgraduate expansion. This starts in 2009-10 when we will invest around £5M in up to 125 research studentships and bursaries, with further expansion and more opportunities to apply for in the future. The majority of the Bangor 125th Anniversary Scholarships will be fully-funded studentships, covering all fees for three years plus an annual maintenance allowance. A number of research studentships will be set aside for outstanding international students. In addition, there are a large number of bursary awards worth £6,500 a year and a variety of targeted awards. This first round of new awards are all studentships and bursaries for 3 year PhD study. If you are seeking funding to study at masters level please contact the School directly.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Financial need
- Class Standing
- Academic excellence
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile