University of Victoria
A great university is more than a place to learn. It's where you live, in every sense of the word. Our students will tell you . . . there's no comparison to living and learning in Canada's far west at one of the nation's leading comprehensive universities. You'll have access to world-class professors, life-changing opportunities, and possibly the most attractive and vibrant location that any university can offer.
Get to know us. There's a place for you here and we want to share all the possibilities with you.
- Scholarship Description
- Students completing the International Baccalaureate program with a minimum of 32 points are guaranteed a minimum Entrance Scholarship of $2000 CDN. All students with academic excellence will automatically be considered for scholarships at the time of admission. Applications are not required. Scholarships of $20,000, payable at $5000 per year, are awarded to academically outstanding international undergraduate students entering the University of Victoria. Once students have completed one full session (8 months) at the University of Victoria, further financial assistance may be available. International students should not depend on scholarships and bursaries to pay all their costs while in university. Please note that scholarship funding is limited and highly competitive.
International students must be admitted to the University and have their student visa in place before being considered for this award. In addition, international students must maintain their student visa status over the four year period.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- If a student maintains a grade point average of 7.50 or higher, the scholarship is automatically renewed for each year of a student’s full time study (12 or more units) until the completion of a first degree or for a maximum of four years, whichever is the shorter period. A student whose grade point average falls between 7.00 and 7.49 may file a written appeal with the Senate Committee on Awards to seek special consideration for renewal of the scholarship. No renewal is considered if the student’s grade point average falls below 7.00.
- Financial need
- Class Standing
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile