Vancouver Island University
Vancouver Island University
Established in 1936 and located on Canada's magnificent West Coast, Vancouver Island University (VIU) is a public university offering over 200 programs in popular areas of study like Business, Tourism, Sport and Recreation and Hospitality; Humanities, Social Sciences and Education; Sciences, Computers and Technology; and Art, Design and Performing Arts. VIU's graduates are in demand by employers in the United States, Canada and around the world.
Vancouver Island University (VIU) is a dynamic and diverse educational organization, dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning, service and research. We foster student success, strong community connections and international collaboration.
Known as a centre of excellence for teaching, applied research and learning, VIU is producing quality graduates that are in demand by employers across Canada and around the world.
With roots that date back to 1936, VIU has evolved into a dynamic, internationally known university supporting a student population that engage in a multitude of highly acclaimed programs.
- Affordable tuition fees of $6600 per semester
- Small classes taught by experienced and highly-qualified instructors
- Academic advising, personal counseling, and support services for international students
- Social, recreational and sports activities; homestay, and on-campus student residences
- Co-operative Education programs that allow for study and full-time work anywhere in Canada
- Close to Vancouver and Victoria, so students attending VIU can have the best of all worlds: caring and comfortable community; low cost of living; spectacular natural environment; unequalled recreational opportunities; one of the mildest climates in all of Canada
- Over 10,000 full time Canadian students and 1,500 international students from over 74 countries
Facts about Vancouver Island
- Population-over 760,000
- Area- similar in size to Taiwan, Holland
- Number one island destination in Canada
- Conde Nast Traveler magazine's 2012 Readers' Choice Awards ranked Vancouver Island number one in its "Top 5 Islands in Canada" category.
Facts about Nanaimo
Nanaimo is a city of over 85,000 residents, located on beautiful Vancouver Island - a tourist destination blessed with the natural beauty of mountains, forests and seashore, a mild climate, and many opportunities for year-round outdoor sports and recreation. Nanaimo is close to the major metropolitan areas of Vancouver and Victoria, so students attending VIU can have the best of all worlds:
- caring and comfortable community
- low cost of living
- spectacular natural environment
- unequalled recreational opportunities
- one of the mildest climates in all of Canada
British Columbia Offshore School Entrance Scholarship
- Scholarship Description
- All international student graduates from BC Offshore schools are eligible. The awards will be given to the two students with the highest combined scores on any two Grade 12 provincially examinable courses excluding their first language. Awarded as a tuition credit at Vancouver Island University in their second academic semester. No application necessary.
- Number of Awards
- Renewal Criteria
- Financial need
- Class Standing
Report a Mistake
Find more scholarships that are right for you.
Create a FREE profile with your accomplishments and interests so you can:
- Get matched with scholarships. We've got more than $11 billion of them.
- Discover other colleges with merit scholarships matching your unique strengths.
- Find colleges that are looking for students like you and add them to your College List.
Start Your Free Profile