Back to Tips
Choose the right college for you
- Weather on the day of a college visit can affect your impression of a school. Don't let the rain keep you from a school you like.
- Find the right college the first time. According to the National Center for Education Statistics, 23 percent of students entering college will wind up transferring. Make sure your college search is about you. Look for colleges
that fit your needs and wants, not those of your parents or your friends.
- According to a study published by the U.S. Department of Education, as many as 60 percent of American college students attend more than one school before they graduate with a bachelor's degree.
- Love the college you choose. You might be there a while. Only 54 percent of college freshmen will graduate within six years after they first enroll.
- The college name on your degree won't determine how happy you are for the rest of your life. Go to a college that fits you.