This scholarship is for undergraduate students who have declared a major in geology or earth science. To qualify, applicants must be at least sophomores attending a four-year accredited college or university in the United States and have a minimum 2.8 GPA. Applicants must also be student members of AIPG or have applied for student membership at the time the application is submitted (student membership is free). Each student who is awarded a scholarship agrees, by accepting the scholarship, to prepare a 600- to 800-word article for publication in The Professional Geologist.
How easy is it to apply?
This scholarship has application requirements that could take a lot of time and effort.
How much competition is there?
The competition for this scholarship will be average.
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
College Major: Is this you?
- Geology/Earth Science, General
- Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology, General
- Geological and Earth Sciences/Geosciences, Other
- Oceanography, Chemical and Physical
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology, Other
- Geography, Other
- Geophysics and Seismology
- Hydrology and Water Resources Science
- Geography Teacher Education
- Earth Science Teacher Education
- Geochemistry and Petrology
Must be AIPG members or apply for membership.