This scholarship is for full-time college juniors and seniors at a public university in Mississippi or at Southern University in Louisiana. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be majoring in criminal justice, political science, or counseling. Applicants must have a stated career interest in juvenile justice or a similar field and have demonstrated a strong commitment to community and public service. Applicants must be US citizens and have at least a current GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Demonstrated financial need must be provided via the student’s university or college financial aid office.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
GPA: Is this you?
Financial Need: Is this you?
Financial need will be considered.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College junior
- College senior
Home State: Is this you?
College Major: Is this you?
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration
- Political Science and Government, General
- Social Work
- Counseling Psychology
- Forensic Science and Technology
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Criminalistics and Criminal Science
- Corrections and Criminal Justice, Other
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Developmental and Child Psychology
- Clinical, Counseling and Applied Psychology, Other
- Political Science and Government, Other
- American Government and Politics (United States)
- Mental Health Counseling/Counselor
- School Psychology
- Substance Abuse/Addiction Counseling
- Law Enforcement Investigation and Interviewing
- Cyber/Computer Forensics and Counterterrorism
- Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysis
- Political Economy
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling/Counselor
- Homeland Security
- Juvenile Corrections
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting and Related Protective Services, Other
- Financial Forensics and Fraud Investigation
- Corrections Administration
- Homeland Security, Other
- Law Enforcement Record-Keeping and Evidence Management
- Terrorism and Counterterrorism Operations
- Critical Incident Response/Special Police Operations
- Securities Services Administration/Management
- Protective Services Operations
- Security and Loss Prevention Services
- Maritime Law Enforcement
- Suspension and Debarment Investigation
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
Must have a career interest in juvenile justice or a similar field. Must attend a Mississippi public college or university or Southern University (Louisiana applicants).