This scholarship is for graduating seniors from high schools throughout the New River Valley in Virginia. Preference will be given to students from Blacksburg High School in Blacksburg. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be pursuing a degree in physical education or a related health science. Applicants must demonstrate financial need and good academic standing. To apply for this scholarship, applicants must submit an essay of no more than one page describing how their future profession will allow them to enhance the self-esteem of young people and encourage them to lead positive, healthy lives.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Financial Need: Is this you?
Financial need will be considered.
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- New River Valley
College Major: Is this you?
- Physical Therapy/Therapist
- Sport and Fitness Administration/Management
- Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies, General
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching
- Nutrition Sciences
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, General
- Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition Services, Other
- Community Health and Preventive Medicine
- Clinical Nutrition/Nutritionist
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, Other
- Health/Medical Physics
- Human Nutrition
- Foods, Nutrition, and Related Services, Other
- Health and Wellness, General
- Physical Fitness Technician
- Rehabilitation Science
- Holistic Health