This scholarship is for Texas graduating high school students and high school graduates. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be pursuing degree programs in the field of sports sciences, kinesiology, conservation, physical education, recreation and tourism management and/or other related courses of study which may contribute to the field of parks and recreation with the intent to enter the recreation, parks, and leisure service field as a career. Applicants must be accepted to an accredited college or university to be enrolled for a minimum of 12 hours. Preference will be given to applicants attending a Texas college or university. Applicants must meet one of the following criteria: have a high school class ranking of at least the top quarter; a 2.5 GPA; a minimum 850 SAT; or minimum score of 21 on the ACT.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
Home State: Is this you?
College Major: Is this you?
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science
- Sport and Fitness Administration/Management
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, General
- Health and Physical Education/Fitness, Other
- Airline/Commercial/Professional Pilot and Flight Crew
- Aviation/Airway Management and Operations
- Sports Studies
- Tourism and Travel Services Management
- Air Traffic Controller
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Facilities Management, General
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Airline Flight Attendant
- Tourism and Travel Services Marketing Operations
- Air Transportation, Other
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, and Fitness Studies, Other
- Flight Instructor
- Physical Fitness Technician
- Tourism Promotion Operations
- Outdoor Education
- Parks, Recreation and Leisure Facilities Management, Other
- Natural Resource Recreation and Tourism
- Golf Course Operation and Grounds Management
Must meet the above qualifications.