This scholarship is for graduate students who are enrolled in an accredited institution in North America. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have strong academic qualifications and have academic and/or career goals focused on making a significant positive difference in the long-term protection of wilderness in the United States. Graduate students in natural resources management, law, or policy programs are strongly encouraged to apply. This scholarship is meant to support research and preparation of a paper on an aspect of wilderness. Proposals relating to climate change, as well as other topics regarding wilderness conservation, are strongly encouraged. To apply, applicants must submit a cover letter, a proposal, a resume or curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation.
How easy is it to apply?
This scholarship has application requirements that could take a lot of time and effort.
How much competition is there?
The competition for this scholarship will be average.
Class Year: Is this you?
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
College Major: Is this you?
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental Engineering Technology/Environmental Technology
- Wildlife Biology
- Wildlife, Fish and Wildlands Science and Management
- Forestry, General
- Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources Law
- Environmental Psychology
- Natural Resources/Conservation, General
- Natural Resources and Conservation, Other
- Forest Sciences and Biology
- Forest Management/Forest Resources Management
- Fishing and Fisheries Sciences and Management
- Natural Resources Conservation and Research, Other
- Environmental Toxicology
- Natural Resources Management and Policy
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Control Technologies/Technicians, Other
- Forestry, Other
- Water, Wetlands, and Marine Resources Management
- Environmental Education
- Natural Resources Management and Policy, Other
- Forest Resources Production and Management
- Natural Resources Law Enforcement and Protective Services
- Natural Resource Economics
- Forest Technology/Technician
- Natural Resource Recreation and Tourism
- Land Use Planning and Management/Development
- Urban Forestry
- Wood Science and Wood Products/Pulp and Paper Technology