This scholarship is for California students who are accepted or currently enrolled in one of the following programs: dentist, dental hygienist, nurse practitioner, certified nurse midwife, physician assistant, or clinical nurse specialist. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be free from any other service obligation and be willing to work in a medically underserved area for two years. Applicants must have valid legal presence and ability to work and provide care in the state of California, have a 2.0 GPA or greater, and graduate after January 31, 2015. Scholarship recipients must agree to a two-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California; see website for details.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
Home State: Is this you?
College Major: Is this you?
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide
- Nursing, Other
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing
- Maternal/Child Health and Neonatal Nurse/Nursing
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist
- Pediatric Nurse/Nursing
- Dental Services and Allied Professions, Other
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Physician Assistant
- Nursing Administration
- Nurse Midwife/Nursing Midwifery
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other
- Nursing Science
- Family Practice Nurse/Nursing
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Emergency Room/Trauma Nursing
- Pre-Dentistry Studies
- Critical Care Nursing
- Nursing Practice
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse/Nursing
- Nursing Education
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Dental Clinical Sciences, General
- Advanced General Dentistry
- Geriatric Nurse/Nursing
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants, Other
- Advanced/Graduate Dentistry and Oral Sciences, Other
- Pediatric Dentistry/Pedodontics
- Public Health/Community Nurse/Nursing
- Women's Health Nurse/Nursing
- Perioperative/Operating Room and Surgical Nurse/Nursing
- Dental Residency Program, Other
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
- Palliative Care Nursing