This scholarship is for California students who are accepted or currently enrolled in one of the following programs: dentist, dental hygienist, nurse practitioner, certified nurse midwife, physician assistant, or clinical nurse specialist. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be free from any other service obligation and be willing to work in a medically underserved area for two years. Applicants must have valid legal presence and ability to work and provide care in the state of California, have a 2.0 GPA or greater, and graduate after January 31, 2015. Scholarship recipients must agree to a two-year service obligation practicing direct patient care at a qualified facility in California; see website for details.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
Home State: Is this you?
College Major: Is this you?
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing
- Advanced General Dentistry
- Advanced/Graduate Dentistry and Oral Sciences, Other
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Critical Care Nursing
- Dental Clinical Sciences, General
- Dental Hygiene/Hygienist
- Dental Residency Program, Other
- Dental Services and Allied Professions, Other
- Emergency Room/Trauma Nursing
- Family Practice Nurse/Nursing
- Geriatric Nurse/Nursing
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Maternal/Child Health and Neonatal Nurse/Nursing
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Midwife/Nursing Midwifery
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Practice
- Nursing Science
- Nursing, Other
- Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
- Palliative Care Nursing
- Pediatric Dentistry/Pedodontics
- Pediatric Nurse/Nursing
- Perioperative/Operating Room and Surgical Nurse/Nursing
- Physician Assistant
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants, Other
- Pre-Dentistry Studies
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse/Nursing
- Public Health/Community Nurse/Nursing
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Women's Health Nurse/Nursing