This scholarship is for college students who are preparing for a career in writing or public relations within the foodservice industry. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be able to demonstrate their pursuit of this career through a combination of work experience and past education. Applicants must be full-time students enrolled as of March 15, 2015, working toward an associate's, bachelor's, or master's degree. Enrollment must be in an accredited post-secondary educational institution in the United States. Students attending high school as of March 15, 2015 are not eligible. Applicants' expected college graduation date must be no earlier than January 1, 2016. Applicants must have a strong academic record, good character references, and financial need.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
The competition for this scholarship will be average.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
- Master's-level study
College Major: Is this you?
- English Language and Literature, General
- Communication and Media Studies, Other
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs, Other
- Creative Writing
- Broadcast Journalism
- Cooking and Related Culinary Arts, General
- Culinary Arts/Chef Training
- Speech Communication and Rhetoric
- Animation, Interactive Technology, Video Graphics and Special Effects
- Public Relations/Image Management
- English Composition
- Culinary Arts and Related Services, Other
- Public Relations, Advertising, and Applied Communication, Other
- Mass Communication/Media Studies
- Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies, General
- Nutrition Sciences
- Journalism, Other
- Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia
- Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition Services, Other
- Recording Arts Technology/Technician
- Clinical Nutrition/Nutritionist
- English Language and Literature/Letters, Other
- Radio and Television
- Restaurant, Culinary, and Catering Management/Manager
- Radio and Television Broadcasting Technology/Technician
- Photographic and Film/Video Technology/Technician and Assistant
- Graphic Communications, General
- Radio, Television, and Digital Communication, Other
- Food Science and Technology, Other
- Human Nutrition
- Communications Technology/Technician
- Audiovisual Communications Technologies/Technicians, Other
- Food Science
- Political Communication
- Foods, Nutrition, and Related Services, Other
- Graphic Communications, Other
- Organizational Communication, General
- Restaurant/Food Services Management
- Communications Technologies/Technicians and Support Services, Other
- Food Preparation/Professional Cooking/Kitchen Assistant
- Food Technology and Processing
- Food Service, Waiter/Waitress, and Dining Room Management/Manager
- Health Communication
- Professional, Technical, Business, and Scientific Writing
- Dietetic Technician
- Graphic and Printing Equipment Operator, General Production
- Foodservice Systems Administration/Management
- Computer Typography and Composition Equipment Operator
- Dietitian Assistant
- Prepress/Desktop Publishing and Digital Imaging Design
- Printing Management
- Printing Press Operator
Must be pursuing a career in writing or public relations within the foodservice industry.