This scholarship is for high school, undergraduate, and post-graduate students who have been residents of Carroll County, Maryland, for at least one year. To qualify, applicants must be pursuing studies in general history or a specialty area of study in history including but not limited to: museums, archival, library, historic preservation, material culture, American studies, archaeology, anthropology, art of architectural history, or preservation technology; or pursuing a recognized certification or apprentice program dedicated to traditional arts, industries, trades or crafts. For the later, the granting institution must be certified by a professional association or organization. Applicants must also meet the following criteria: demonstrate exemplary character and high academic standards; demonstrate diverse interests, with special interests in the areas of the Humanities or Sciences; and exhibit extracurricular, volunteer, work experience, or internship in some related area.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Carroll County
College Major: Is this you?
- History, General
- Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities, Other
- History Teacher Education
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation
- American History (United States)
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
- Music History, Literature, and Theory
- Humanities/Humanistic Studies
- Anthropology, Other
- History, Other
- European History
- Library and Information Science
- Crafts/Craft Design, Folk Art and Artisanry
- Classical, Ancient Mediterranean and Near Eastern Studies and Archaeology
- Theatre Literature, History and Criticism
- Physical and Biological Anthropology
- Museology/Museum Studies
- Historic Preservation and Conservation
- Architectural History and Criticism, General
- History and Philosophy of Science and Technology
- Asian History
- American/United States Studies/Civilization
- Historic Preservation and Conservation, Other
- Library and Archives Assisting
- Public/Applied History
- Canadian History