This scholarship is for residents of the Heartland Foundation service region, which includes the following counties: in Missouri - Andrew, Atchison, Buchanan, Caldwell, Carroll, Clay, Clinton, Daviess, DeKalb, Gentry, Grundy, Harrison, Holt, Livingston, Mercer, Nodaway, Platte, Ray, and Worth; in Iowa - Decatur, Fremont, Page, Ringgold, and Taylor; in Kansas - Atchison, Brown, Doniphan, and Nemaha; and in Nebraska - Nemaha and Richardson. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 hours of study for a regular semester or equivalent full-time status in an accredited nursing or surgical services program. Applicants must maintain a reasonably good grade point average, meet acceptable academic standards of the institution where they're enrolled, indicate prior and/or current service to humanity or health care, and demonstrate financial need.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
Financial Need: Is this you?
Financial need will be considered.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Heartland Foundation Service Area
College Major: Is this you?
- Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse
- Nursing Assistant/Aide and Patient Care Assistant/Aide
- Nursing, Other
- Adult Health Nurse/Nursing
- Maternal/Child Health and Neonatal Nurse/Nursing
- Pediatric Nurse/Nursing
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nursing Administration
- Nurse Midwife/Nursing Midwifery
- Registered Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Research and Clinical Nursing, Other
- Nursing Science
- Family Practice Nurse/Nursing
- Pre-Nursing Studies
- Emergency Room/Trauma Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Nursing Practice
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse/Nursing
- Nursing Education
- Surgical Technology/Technologist
- Neurological Surgery Residency Program
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- General Surgery Residency Program
- Pediatric Surgery Residency Program
- Geriatric Nurse/Nursing
- Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants, Other
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency Program
- Plastic Surgery Residency Program
- Public Health/Community Nurse/Nursing
- Women's Health Nurse/Nursing
- Perioperative/Operating Room and Surgical Nurse/Nursing
- Surgical Critical Care Residency Program
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopedics (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Residency Program
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery - 24 Residency Program
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery Residency Program
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery - 36 Residency Program
- Surgery of the Hand Residency Program
- Plastic Surgery Within the Head and Neck Residency Program
- Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
- Vascular Surgery Residency Program
- Thoracic Surgery Residency Program
- Palliative Care Nursing
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Residency Program