This scholarship is for college students who have declared their major to be in a field of study that directly relates to the energy industry, which may include one of many degrees offered in engineering or geosciences. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must attend a college or university located in the state of Texas that offers an applicable degree program and have achieved a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA. Preference will be given to applicants who have attended high school in one of the following East Texas counties: Anderson, Angelina, Bowie, Camp, Cass, Cherokee, Delta, Franklin, Freestone, Gregg, Harrison, Henderson, Hopkins, Houston, Lamar, Leon, Marion, Morris, Nacogdoches, Panola, Rains, Red River, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine, Shelby, Smith, Titus, Trinity, Upshur, Van Zandt, or Wood. Financial need is an optional consideration. Dependents of scholarship committee members are not eligible to apply. Applicants should be available for a personal interview, if requested.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
- Master's-level study
- Doctoral-level study
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Eastern Region
College Major: Is this you?
- Economics, General
- Environmental Engineering Technology/Environmental Technology
- Geology/Earth Science, General
- Environmental Design/Architecture
- Energy, Environment, and Natural Resources Law
- Agricultural Economics
- Natural Resources/Conservation, General
- Natural Resources and Conservation, Other
- Natural Resources Conservation and Research, Other
- Energy Management and Systems Technology/Technician
- Solar Energy Technology/Technician
- Natural Resources Management and Policy, Other
- Natural Resource Economics
Must attend a college or university in Texas.