This scholarship is for members of Phi Theta Kappa who demonstrate potential for involvement in public safety or service while enrolled in a regionally accredited associate degree public safety program. Applicants may be part-time, full-time or international students. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA on all course work; be citizens or have permanent or temporary residence in the country where the two-year college is located; and complete by June of each year at least 50 percent of coursework in an associate degree public safety program at a regionally-accredited two-year college. Applicants with previous associate, bachelor's, or master's degrees are eligible. Pre-major students and certificate students are ineligible. The director of the program in which the applicant is enrolled must complete the Institutional Certification Form by the application deadline.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- College sophomore
College Major: Is this you?
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration
- Forensic Science and Technology
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Criminalistics and Criminal Science
- Corrections and Criminal Justice, Other
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic)
- Fire Science/Fire-fighting
- Emergency Care Attendant (EMT Ambulance)
- Law Enforcement Investigation and Interviewing
- Cyber/Computer Forensics and Counterterrorism
- Fire Prevention and Safety Technology/Technician
- Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysis
- Fire Protection, Other
- Homeland Security
- Juvenile Corrections
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting and Related Protective Services, Other
- Fire Services Administration
- Financial Forensics and Fraud Investigation
- Corrections Administration
- Homeland Security, Other
- Crisis/Emergency/Disaster Management
- Law Enforcement Record-Keeping and Evidence Management
- Terrorism and Counterterrorism Operations
- Critical Incident Response/Special Police Operations
- Wildland/Forest Firefighting and Investigation
- Securities Services Administration/Management
- Protective Services Operations
- Fire/Arson Investigation and Prevention
- Security and Loss Prevention Services
- Maritime Law Enforcement
- Cultural/Archaelogical Resources Protection
- Fire Systems Technology
- Suspension and Debarment Investigation
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
Community Groups: Is this you?
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Must be enrolled in a two-year college.