This scholarship is for SNAME members who have been members for at least one year prior to application. Scholarships are for one year of study leading to a master's degree in naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering, or a field directly related to the marine industry. Scholarships are open to US, Canadian, and international students. Applicants must not receive their master's degree prior to October 1 of the year in which they are applying for their scholarship. Generally, applicants are not expected to receive their master's degree prior to April 15 of the academic year in which graduate study is undertaken.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
Class Year: Is this you?
- Master's-level study
College Major: Is this you?
- Marine Biology and Biological Oceanography
- Oceanography, Chemical and Physical
- Marine Sciences
- Marine Science/Merchant Marine Officer
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Marine Transportation, Other
- Water, Wetlands, and Marine Resources Management
- Hydrology and Water Resources Science
- Marine Maintenance/Fitter and Ship Repair Technology/Technician
- Water Resources Engineering
Community Groups: Is this you?
- Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME)