This scholarship is for graduating seniors from public high schools located within Williamson or Travis County, Texas. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be planning on attending an accredited school or certification program for the purpose of receiving a firefighter or police officer commission and/or an EMS certification above the level of Emergency Medical Technician. Students pursuing other first responder or public safety careers may also be considered. The scholarship will be awarded based on the following criteria: a GPA of 2.4 or higher; involvement in extracurricular events while in school; extent of involvement as a volunteer within the community in which the applicant resides; and selection of a public safety based career.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship has a relatively low number of applicants.
GPA: Is this you?
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
Home State: Is this you?
Location: Is this you?
- Williamson or Travis County
College Major: Is this you?
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Criminalistics and Criminal Science
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic)
- Fire Science/Fire-fighting
- Emergency Care Attendant (EMT Ambulance)
- Law Enforcement Investigation and Interviewing
- Fire Prevention and Safety Technology/Technician
- Fire Protection, Other
- Fire Services Administration
- Crisis/Emergency/Disaster Management
- Law Enforcement Record-Keeping and Evidence Management
- Critical Incident Response/Special Police Operations
- Fire/Arson Investigation and Prevention
- Fire Systems Technology