Scholarship Listings » Ethnicities » Scholarship Listings
Asian or Pacific Islander scholarships
The college entrance process can be one of the most nerve-wracking, complicated and exciting times in a student’s academic life. Sometimes, though, SATs, applications and meetings with a guidance counselor are not nearly as difficult as finding a way to pay for higher education. But don’t worry; Cappex is here to help. As an Asian or Pacific Islander, you have access to a number of Asian and Pacific Islander scholarships, which we have compiled into a comprehensive list on this page.
The key is to apply to those Asian and Pacific Islander scholarships that cater to students with your unique qualities. Use your hobbies, interests, goals and quirks to pay for your education. If you’re reading this page, you’re probably a student of Asian descent, but think about what else sets you apart. Are you left-handed? Do you love to write? Are you going to use your Asian and Pacific Islander scholarship to pursue a health-related profession? Keep all these qualities in mind, and you’ll find that there are Asian and Pacific Islander scholarships out there that were designed specifically for you.
Asian and Pacific Islander scholarships can be divided into three basic categories.
Asian and Pacific Islander Scholarships by Country of Origin or Religion:
- The Korean-American Scholarship is a scholarship offered to a Korean-American student with outstanding demonstrated academic ability.
- The David Tamotsu Kagiwada Scholarship is a renewable Asian or Pacific Islander scholarship for Christian students pursuing a masters-level degree in Biblical Studies, Theology or any related major. The scholarships awarded range from $1,500 to $2,000, and applicants must have a GPA of 2.5 or greater.
Asian and Pacific Islander Scholarships by Vocation or Gender:
- The Institute of China Studies Scholarship is a renewable Asian and Pacific Islander scholarship offered to a student who intends to pursue a major in Chinese Studies or Chinese Language and Literature.
- The Scotts Company Scholarship is a $2,500 Asian or Pacific Islander scholarship intended for a student majoring in Turf or Turfgrass Management.
- The Minoru Yasui Memorial Scholarship is an Asian and Pacific Islander scholarship intended for a male student who plans to study broadcasting. It is a $2,000 scholarship, and financial need is considered during the selection process.
Asian and Pacific Islander Scholarships by State of Residence:
- The Ohio Newspapers Foundation Douthit Award is an Asian and Pacific Islander scholarship created for residents of Ohio who plan to major in Journalism.
- The Illinois Future Teacher Corporation Scholarship is a $5,000 scholarship for students pursuing a degree in Education.
- The Golden State Minority Foundation Scholarship is a $2,000 renewable scholarship for students who live in Southern California and who are pursuing a degree in Business, Economics, Public Administration or Insurance.
- The McClure Minority Scholarship is a scholarship offered to minority students in the state of North Carolina.
- The James Carlson Memorial Scholarship is a renewable Asian or Pacific Islander scholarship for students who are residents of Oregon and are majoring in Education.
These are only a few examples. Be sure to check out our full list of Asian and Pacific Islander scholarships. It’s totally free, and we update it regularly. We are sure that you will find a multitude of scholarships that cater to your own interests and personal qualities.