» College Majors
» Scholarship Listings
Biology/Biological Sciences, General Scholarships
Considering a career as a doctor? Well, if you’re hoping to be the next Dr. House or Meredith Grey, you’re going to need to work your way up. Before you can start operating on everything that moves, you’re going to have to earn an undergraduate biology or related degree. Unfortunately, many students feel that the cost of pursuing higher education is a bit high. Don’t worry, we understand, and we’ve got good news. There are many organizations that want to help you by awarding you with scholarships. So, if you’re feeling overwhelmed by the cost of tuition, room and board, books, meal plans, and everything else that comes with pursuing higher education, never fear! Cappex is here, and we can help.
The key to winning a lot of scholarships is to “know thyself.” Apply to those biology scholarships that cater to students with your unique qualities. Use your hobbies, interests, goals and quirks to pay for your education. If you’re reading this page, you’re probably an aspiring M.D. or lab scientist, but think about what else sets you apart. Are you left-handed? Do you love to write? Are you going to use your biology degree to do cancer research? Keep all these qualities in mind, and you’ll find that there are biology scholarships out there that were designed specifically for you. Based on our review of the biology scholarships available, we’ve been able to place most of them into three basic categories.
Biology Scholarships by State:
- The VSGC Undergraduate Scholarship is a biology scholarship for students pursuing a career that is directly related to the U.S. aerospace industry. Applicants must be Vermont residents with GPAs of 3.0 or higher.
- The Arthur and Doreen Parrett Scholarship is a renewable biology scholarship for undergraduate students who are residents of Washington. Scholarship awards range from $900 to $3,000.
- The Henry Broughton, K2AE Memorial Scholarship is a biology scholarship for residents of New York who have General Class Radio Licenses. The scholarship is worth $1,000, and is offered to undergraduate, masters and doctoral students.
Biology Scholarships by Ethnicity:
- The Merck Undergraduate Science Research Scholarship is a biology scholarship offered to African American students who are college juniors and have GPAs of 3.3 or higher. Applicants must be committed to two summer research internships, and scholarship awards range from $10,000 to $35,000.
- The Xerox Technical Minority Scholarship is a biology scholarship for minority students. Scholarship awards range from $1,000 to $10,000, and applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- The Elizabeth and Sherman Asche Memorial Scholarship is a $1,500 biology scholarship for American Indian or Native Alaskan students.
General Biology Scholarships:
- The ASF Olin Fellowship is a biology scholarship for students who are interested in Atlantic salmon biology, management and conservation. Scholarship awards range from $1,000 to $3,000.
- The PPQ William F. Helms Student Scholarship is a renewable $5,000 biology scholarship for students who have a GPA of at least 2.5. Applicants must commit to working for the agency during school breaks.
- The Campus Safety, Health, and Environmental Management Association (CSHEMA) Scholarship Award is a $2,000 biology scholarship for full-time students.
And this is only the beginning—check out our scholarships database for a full list of biology scholarships!
Get Instant Scholarship Matches
Get Personalized Matches
- Completely Free
- Personalized Results
- Find $11 Billion in Merit Aid scholarships