» College Majors
» Scholarship Listings
Education, General Scholarships
The great philosopher Aristotle once said, “Education is the best provision on the road to old age.” Teachers can be some of the most important people in our lives. They mold our brains while they are most flexible, and their impact on our lives is often very permanent. If you are planning on becoming an educator, we at Cappex salute you. But we also know that in order to teach, you must begin by learning. Getting a degree in education can be very expensive, and we’re here to help. Take a look at our scholarships database for an extensive list of scholarships available to education majors. It’s totally free, and we update it regularly.
The key to winning a lot of scholarships is to “know thyself.” Apply to those education scholarships that cater to students with your unique qualities. Use your hobbies, interests, goals and quirks to pay for your education. Are you left-handed? Do you love to write? Do you already know what type of teacher you want to be? Keep all these qualities in mind, and you’ll find that there are education scholarships out there that were designed specifically for you. Based on our review of the available education scholarships, we’ve determined that a good number of them fall into one of three categories.
Education Scholarships by Area of Residence:
- The Christa McAuliffe Memorial Scholarship is an education scholarship for students in New Hampshire. Students must have a GPA of at least 3.0 to apply for this $1,000 scholarship award.
- The Allen and Helen Mitchell Scholarship is an education scholarship for college freshmen who are graduates of Brewster High School, N.Y. with a grade point average of “B” (85) or above. Scholarship awards range from $300 to $1,500.
- The William Winter Teacher Scholarship is an education scholarship for students who are residents of Missouri. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 2.0 to be eligible for this scholarship, which offers awards ranging from $1,000 to $3,000.
- The Future Teachers Scholarship is an education scholarship for residents of Oklahoma. Scholarship awards range from $500 to $1,500, and may only be used at Oklahoma colleges.
Education Scholarships by Ethnicity:
- The Lillian and Samuel Sutton Education Scholarship is an education scholarship for African-American students. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Scholarship awards range from $1,000 to $2,000.
- The Native American Leadership Education (NALE) Scholarship is a renewable education scholarship for students of American Indian or Native Alaskan descent. Scholarship awards range from $500 to $5,000. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- The Academic Scholarship Program is a renewable education scholarship for Jewish students who are residents of Cook County, IL. Scholarship awards range from $700 to $6,000. Applicants must be college juniors or seniors, or pursuing a master's or doctoral level degree.
Organization-Affiliated Education Scholarships:
- The Francis J. Flynn Memorial Scholarship is a $1,000 education scholarship for members of Tau Kappa Epsilon. Preference is given to members of the Theta Sigma chapter. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- The Gunild Keetman Assistance Fund Scholarship is an education scholarship for students who are members of the American Orff-Schulwerk Association (AOSA). Scholarship awards range from $200 to $2,500.
- The Minoru Yasui Memorial Scholarship is an education scholarship intended for a male student who plans to study broadcasting. It is a $2,000 scholarship, and financial need is considered during the selection process. Applicants must be members of the Japanese-American Citizens League (JACL).
This is just the beginning—check out our scholarships database for a full list of education scholarships!
Get Instant Scholarship Matches
Get Personalized Matches
- Completely Free
- Personalized Results
- Find $11 Billion in Merit Aid scholarships