Scholarship Listings » States » Scholarship Listings
The state of Michigan is known for its lakes, its natural beauty and its friendly people. But did you know that as a resident of the Great Lakes State, you have access to a lot of Michigan scholarships and grants offered by Michigan-based organizations? Here at Cappex, we’ve done all the searching for you. Take some time to browse through our scholarships database and look at our list of Michigan scholarships. It’s totally free, and we update it regularly. We’ve done our best to make it easy for you to find help paying for college. You can even apply for Michigan scholarships directly through Cappex.
Make sure you apply to those Michigan scholarships that cater to students with your unique qualities. Use your hobbies, interests, goals and quirks to pay for your education. If you’re reading this page, you’re probably a student from Michigan, but think about what else sets you apart. Are you left-handed? Do you love to write? Are you going to use your Michigan scholarship to pursue a health-related profession? Keep all these qualities in mind, and you’ll find that there are Michigan scholarships out there that were designed specifically for you.
To help you get started, we’ve collected some examples of Michigan scholarships and placed them in categories that represent some of the popular types of Michigan scholarships you will find in our database.
Extracurricular Activity Related Michigan Scholarships:
- The Katharine M. Grosscup Regional Horticulture Scholarship is a Michigan scholarship for students majoring in Botany/Plant Biology, Horticultural Science, or Landscape Architecture. The scholarship offers monetary awards ranging from $1,000 to $3,000.
- The Mildred E. Troske Music Scholarship is a Michigan scholarship for students planning on majoring in Music or Music Theory and related majors. The award is worth $1,000, and financial need is considered during the selection process.
- The Grand Rapids Combined Theatre Scholarship is a $1,000 Michigan scholarship for students who have demonstrated talent, ability and dedication to theatre. Theatre arts majors are given preference in the selection process.
Vocational Michigan Scholarships
- The Warner, Norcross and Judd L.L.P. Legal Studies Scholarship for Minorities is a Michigan scholarship for students majoring in Law who are part of ethic minority groups.
- The Earl I. Anderson Scholarship is a $1,250 scholarship for students with amateur radio licenses and who are majoring in a communications-related field.
- The Mathilda Gallmeyer Scholarship is a Michigan scholarship for students majoring in an Art or Art History related field. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 2.75 to qualify for this $500 to $1,000 award.
- The Audrey L. Wright Scholarship is a Michigan scholarship for students who are pursuing majors related to foreign language education. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0, and financial need is considered in the selection process.
Other Michigan Scholarships:
- The Dakota Pequeno Memorial Scholarship is a Michigan scholarship for students who have been diagnosed with epilepsy or another seizure disorder. Students must be between the ages of 17 and 21 to apply for this $1,000 scholarship.
- The Black Men Building Resources Scholarship is a Michigan scholarship for African-American students. The selection process includes submission of ACT/SAT scores, an essay, and an interview. Scholarship awards range from $500 to $1,000.
- The Economic Club Business Study Abroad Scholarship is a $2,500 Michigan scholarship for students majoring in Business who want to study abroad. Applicants must be college juniors or seniors with GPAs of at least 3.0.
And this is only the beginning—check out our scholarships database for a full list of Michigan scholarships!