Scholarship Listings » States » Scholarship Listings
New York Scholarships
New Yorkers are notoriously tough and resourceful. Their street smarts exceed that of city dwellers everywhere else. But even New Yorkers sometimes have trouble when it comes to facing the financial mountain that is college tuition. In a world where the scariest part about going to college can sometimes be paying for it, it’s great to know that help is available for students who ask. In fact you can get scholarships just by being from New York. As a resident of the Empire State, you have access to a lot of New York scholarships and grants offered by New York-based organizations. Here at Cappex, we’ve done all the searching for you. Take some time to browse through our scholarships database, and look at our list of New York scholarships. It’s totally free, and we update it regularly. We’ve done our best to make it easy for you to find help paying for college. You can even apply for New York scholarships directly through Cappex! Based on our review of the New York scholarships available, we have determined that most of them can be placed in one of four categories.
New York Scholarships by Merit:
These are New York scholarships whose selection processes are based solely on academic performance and test scores.
- The Robert C. Byrd Scholarship is a $1,500 renewable New York scholarship for students with a GPA of at least 4.0 and a minimum SAT score of 1875.
- The Scholarship For Academic Excellence is a New York scholarship intended for students who will attend a New York college. Selection is based on the results of the Regents exam.
New York Scholarships by Vocation:
These are New York scholarships for individuals with certain majors or career interests.
- The Alexander Harris Scholarship is a New York scholarship for college juniors or seniors who are enrolled in a tourism-related program. It is a $1,000 award, and applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- The State Scholarship is a $500-$1,000 award for students majoring in Tourism and Travel Service Management.
- Janice and Paul Keesler Scholarship Fund is a New York scholarship for college, graduate or doctoral students who are studying a field related to Wildlife Management.
- The Natalie Rutherford Scholarship is a $1,000 New York scholarship for vocal or choral musicians. Selection is based primarily on an audition.
Military or Law Enforcement Military New York Scholarships:
These are scholarships given to individuals who have served in the military or for the police and fire departments of New York and their relatives.
- Vietnam Veterans Tuition Award/Persian Gulf Veterans Tuition Award is a $500 to $1,000 renewable New York scholarship for veterans who will be attending an undergraduate program in New York. Visit the scholarship page for more information on veteran eligibility.
- The Regents Award for Child of Veteran is a New York scholarship for students who are the children of veterans who served in the U.S. Armed Forces during certain periods of national emergency, and, as a result of service, died or suffered a 40% or more disability, or were at one point classified as POW/MIA.
- The Memorial Scholarship for Families of Deceased Police Officers, Firefighters, and Peace Officers is a New York scholarship for students whose family members died in the line of duty as police officers, firefighters and peace officers.
And this is only the beginning—check out our scholarships database for a full list of New York scholarships! It’s totally free and we update it regularly.