Scholarship Listings » States » Scholarship Listings
Ohio rocks. In fact, it’s home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. But did you know that as a resident of the Buckeye State, you have access to a lot of Ohio scholarships and grants offered by Ohio-based organizations? Here at Cappex, we’ve done all the searching for you. Take some time to browse through our scholarships database and look at our list of Ohio scholarships. It’s totally free, and we update it regularly. Here at Cappex, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to pay for your college education. You can even access scholarship applications directly from Cappex.com!
Make sure you apply to those Ohio scholarships that cater to students with your unique qualities. Use your hobbies, interests, goals and quirks to pay for your education. If you’re reading this page, you’re probably a student from Ohio, but think about what else sets you apart. Are you left-handed? Do you love to write? Are you going to use your Ohio scholarship to pursue a health-related profession? Keep all these qualities in mind, and you’ll find that there are Ohio scholarships out there that were designed specifically for you.
To help you get started, we’ve collected some examples of Ohio scholarships and placed them in categories that represent some of the popular types of Ohio scholarships you'll find in our database.
Military Ohio Scholarships:
- The Ohio National Guard Scholarship is a scholarship for students who enlist in the National Guard for six years and complete basic training and AIT.
- The Ohio War Orphans Scholarship is a renewable $1,700 Ohio scholarship for the sons and daughters of veterans who served for at least 90 days during a period of war and who are now disabled or deceased.
- The Durward I. Bernhard Scholarship Award is an Ohio scholarship for students who are legionnaires or who are direct descendants of deceased Legionnaires, and/or surviving spouses or children of deceased US military persons who died on active duty.
Vocational Ohio Scholarships:
- The State Scholarship is an Ohio scholarship for Tourism and Travel Services Management majors. The awards offered range from $500 to $1,000. Applicants must be juniors or seniors in college.
- The Lorain County Home Economics Scholarship is a $500 scholarship for Culinary Arts majors. Applicants must be residents of Lorain County, Ohio.
- The Ohio College Opportunity Grant (OCOG) is a scholarship for Ohio students who are majoring in nursing and who have a household income of $75,000 or less.
- The SPE Ohio Petroleum Section Scholarship is an Ohio scholarship for students majoring in Chemical or General Engineering.
General Ohio Scholarships:
- John S. Knight Scholar Award is a $3,000 renewable Ohio scholarship whose selection process is based on students’ academic performance, career goals, financial need and professional activities.
- The Walter and Virginia Nord Scholarship is a $1,000 renewable, merit-based Ohio scholarship for students who have GPAs of at least 2.0, and who exhibit strong academic performance and extracurricular involvement.
And this is just the beginning—Check out our scholarships database for a full list of Ohio scholarships!