Scholarship Listings » States » Scholarship Listings
Here at Cappex, we know better than to mess with Texas. But if you're from the Lone Star State, we have some good news for you. You have access to a lot of Texas scholarships and grants offered by Texas-based organizations. In a world where the scariest part about going to college can sometimes be paying for it, it’s great to know that help is available for students who ask.
At Cappex, we’ve done all the searching for you. Take some time to browse through our scholarships database and look at our list of Texas scholarships. We’ve done our best to make it easy for you to find help paying for college. You can even apply for Texas scholarships directly through Cappex!
Based on our review of Texas scholarships, we’ve been able to place most of them into one of three basic categories:
Vocational Texas Scholarships:
These Texas scholarships are intended for students who are pursuing a particular major or career.
- The Texas Gridiron Scholarship is a Texas scholarship designed for students interested in a career in journalism. The scholarship is worth $750, and applicants must submit two samples of published work, one piece of unedited writing, an essay on why he or she has chosen to study journalism as well as an application.
- The W. Price, Jr. Memorial Award is a Texas scholarship designed for students pursuing a career in food services. It is a renewable $1,000 award, and applicants must demonstrate academic ability, a good job history, leadership ability and potential within the food service industry.
- The RMCMI Scholarship is a renewable $2,000 Texas scholarship for students majoring in certain types of engineering. Applicants must be juniors or seniors in college, or earning a postgraduate degree.
- The SPE Trans Pecos Section Scholarship is a $2,000 renewable Texas scholarship for students majoring in General or Chemical Engineering. The scholarship is offered by the Society of Petroleum Engineers, and applicants must be high school seniors or undergraduate students. Applicants must be majoring in Logistics and Materials Management or Transportation and Highway Engineering, and must demonstrate academic ability, potential, interest in the field, good character and financial need.
- The Texas Transportation Scholarship is a $1,000 Texas scholarship for college sophomores, juniors and seniors, graduate and doctoral students.
- The Texas Library Association Scholarship is a Texas scholarship intended for students earning a masters degree in Library Science. The award is worth $2,000.
Merit/Essay Texas Scholarships:
These are Texas scholarships that are available to any student, and whose selection processes are based on academic or extracurricular achievement and/or an essay. Examples include:
- The St. David’s Neal Kocurek Scholarship is a $2,000-$4,000 Texas scholarship for students expressing interest in a healthcare profession who demonstrate financial need and academic promise.
- The Texas History Essay Contest. This contest offers prizes ranging from $1,000 to $3,000. Applicants must submit an essay between 1,500 and 2,000 words in length about Texas history. Winners are chosen based on originality, depth of research, expression and organization.
Area of Residence Texas Scholarships:
These are scholarships with very few requirements other than town or county of residence, and whose selection processes are mostly based on merit and financial need.
- The Hugg Trust Scholarship is a Texas scholarship intended for students who have graduated from Williamson County High School, and who have been residents of Williamson County for at least two years prior to graduation.
And this is only the beginning—check out our scholarships database below for a full list of Texas scholarships!
Get Instant Scholarship Matches
Get Personalized Matches
- Completely Free
- Personalized Results
- Find $11 Billion in Merit Aid scholarships