General Terms and Conditions
By applying for a Cappex.com scholarship, you agree to these terms:
- Unless noted otherwise, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be considered for Cappex.com scholarship awards.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship, and you only need to complete one profile to do so. Entering additional profiles will not increase your chances of being selected.
- You must provide your mailing address so that we can send you paperwork to complete if you are selected as a scholarship recipient.
- To be awarded a scholarship, a recipient must enroll at an accredited college or university located in the United States. Scholarships proceeds will be remitted to that school during the summer before the student attends. The summer before the recipient attends the college or university, they will need to complete a Payment Form that says which school they will be attending, and specifically where at the school to send the award payment. If this form is not completed, the award will not be disbursed, and the recipient may forfeit the award.
- By applying for a scholarship, applicant grants Cappex.com permission to post their name on Cappex.com or in other marketing communications in the event they are awarded the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to submit a current photo and submit a publicity release granting Cappex permission to use their photo on Cappex.com and in other marketing communications.
- In order to ensure a fair and equitable selection process, Cappex may retain the services of a third-party scholarship administrator to select and notify scholarship recipients, to verify recipient information, and to remit scholarship proceeds to an accredited university or college. Cappex.com and/or its designated third-party scholarship-selection service have sole discretion of selecting scholarship recipients.
- Cappex.com reserves the right to change the scholarship programs at any time, including available scholarships, deadlines, requirements, award amounts or other program details.
- Scholarship winners will be contacted by FedEx or U.S. Mail within six weeks of the scholarship application deadlines and may also be contacted by phone and e-mail.
- If winners do not reply by the date specified in the FedEx or U.S. Mail package, Cappex.com reserves the right not to award the scholarship to the winner, and to award the scholarship to another applicant or to redistribute the scholarship award dollars to another scholarship.
- See eligibility requirements for each scholarship for more details.