This scholarship is for physics majors studying to teach physics at the high school level. Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited two- or four-year college or university, or be high school seniors accepted for such enrollment. Applicants from Allegheny College will be given preference. Scholarship applications are accepted at any time; applications received by December 1 are considered for recommendation at the winter meeting. Must be a US citizen to apply.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
College Major: Is this you?
- Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology, Other
- Physics, General
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Engineering Physics/Applied Physics
- Astronomy and Astrophysics, Other
- Health/Medical Physics
- Physics, Other
- Chemical Physics
- Physics Teacher Education
- Atomic/Molecular Physics
- Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Elementary Particle Physics
- Atmospheric Physics and Dynamics
- Geophysics and Seismology
- Molecular Biophysics
- Plasma and High-Temperature Physics
- Condensed Matter and Materials Physics
- Soil Chemistry and Physics
Must intend to pursue a career in physics teaching at the high school level.