This scholarship is for physics majors who intend to prepare for and engage in a career in physics teaching at the high school level. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be enrolled at an accredited two- or four-year college or university, or be high school seniors accepted for such enrollment. Applicants must show promise of success in their studies and be US citizens. Applicants from Allegheny College will be given preference. Scholarship applications are accepted at any time; applications received by December 1 are considered for recommendation at the winter meeting.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
Class Year: Is this you?
- High school senior
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
College Major: Is this you?
- Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology, Other
- Physics, General
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Engineering Physics/Applied Physics
- Astronomy and Astrophysics, Other
- Health/Medical Physics
- Physics, Other
- Chemical Physics
- Physics Teacher Education
- Atomic/Molecular Physics
- Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Elementary Particle Physics
- Atmospheric Physics and Dynamics
- Geophysics and Seismology
- Molecular Biophysics
- Plasma and High-Temperature Physics
- Condensed Matter and Materials Physics
- Soil Chemistry and Physics
Must intend to pursue a career in physics teaching at the high school level.