This scholarship is for North Carolina residents who are majoring in criminal justice at a UNC constituent institution that has a criminal justice degree program (see website for a list of eligible institution). To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be undergraduates enrolled full-time and demonstrate financial need. First priority in selection is given to the children of a sheriff or deputy sheriff or any law enforcement officer killed in the line of duty. Second priority is given to the children of any sheriff or deputy sheriff who is deceased, retired (regular or disability), or currently active in North Carolina law enforcement. Third priority is given to any resident criminal justice students meeting the institution's academic and financial need criteria.
How easy is it to apply?
Not too bad
This scholarship's application process may have items such as essays that could take a couple hours.
How much competition is there?
This scholarship won't have as many applicants as most.
Financial Need: Is this you?
Financial need will be considered.
Class Year: Is this you?
- College freshman
- College sophomore
- College junior
- College senior
Home State: Is this you?
- North Carolina
College Major: Is this you?
- Corrections Administration
- Corrections and Criminal Justice, Other
- Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement Administration
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies
- Criminalistics and Criminal Science
- Critical Incident Response/Special Police Operations
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Cyber/Computer Forensics and Counterterrorism
- Financial Forensics and Fraud Investigation
- Forensic Science and Technology
- Homeland Security
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting and Related Protective Services, Other
- Homeland Security, Other
- Juvenile Corrections
- Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysis
- Law Enforcement Investigation and Interviewing
- Law Enforcement Record-Keeping and Evidence Management
- Maritime Law Enforcement
- Protective Services Operations
- Securities Services Administration/Management
- Security and Loss Prevention Services
- Suspension and Debarment Investigation
- Terrorism and Counterterrorism Operations
Must attend a UNC constituent institution.